Cartridge World Ltd ("We", “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.cartridgeworld.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
As you may be aware, Cartridge World is a franchised business, where almost all stores are owned and operated by independent Cartridge World franchisees (the “Cartridge World Franchisees”). Therefore, Cartridge World Ltd does not include the companies of the Cartridge World Franchisees and this policy does not cover the Cartridge World Franchisees. Each Cartridge World Franchisee is independently responsible for its own legal and regulatory compliance.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Cartridge World HQ (UK) Ltd of 43 High Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1BA
1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Account: Personal information, payment information, and credentials used by customers to access material and/or any communications system on the website;
Content: Any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations or any other form of data capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website;
Cookie: A small text file placed on your computer by us when you visit certain parts of the website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, cookies may be used to store your cart.
Data: All information you submit to the website. This includes, but is not limited to, account details and information submitted using any of our services or systems;
Service: Any online facilities, tools, services or information that we make available through the website either now or in the future;
System: Any online communications infrastructure that we make available through the website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email and email links;
User: Any third-party that accesses the website and is not employed by us and acting in the course of their employment;
Website/Our Site: The website you are currently using (www.cartridgeworld.co.uk and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.cartridgeworld.co.uk) unless excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. DATA COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by
phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site,
register and account, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a
competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include any of the following:
· Date of birth;
· Job title;
· Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
· Demographic information such as post-code, preferences and interests;
· Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. OUR USE OF DATA
3.1. Any personal Data you submit will be retained by us for as long as you use the services and systems provided on the website. It may be necessary for us to keep your data when you are no longer a customer, however, how long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose.
3.2. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
• For internal record keeping;
• For processing your order;
• To improve our products and services;
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties and Cartridge World Franchisees to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you (provided you have opted in);
• Contact for market research purposes, which may be done using email, telephone, fax or post. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
• Where we are required to disclose by law or because a court or the police or other legal or regulatory enforcement agency has asked us for it.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
4.1. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
4.2. We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
• Badger Office Supplies Ltd (who are distributors of Cartridge World Products purchased through this website) its holding company and subsidiaries, so that they may perform any of their obligations under any contract entered into directly with you.
• Any Cartridge World Franchisees within your territory for the purposes of direct marketing and promotion of products and services similar to those purchased through the website;
• We may also share your personal information with certain companies performing services on behalf of us or the Cartridge World Franchisees (such as, for example, payment processing providers and direct marketing agents) who will only use the information to provide services that have been requested by us or the Cartridge World Franchisees.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Sometimes we will aggregate and anonymise this information so you won't be identified as an individual. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
4.3. All selected companies may have access to your personal information if it is essential for performing the function requested of them. However, the companies will only be permitted by us to use your personal information for the purpose of performing that particular function strictly in accordance with our instructions and not for any other purpose.
4.4. By processing your order through the website you are entering into a contract with Cartridge World Retail Ltd. By entering into such contract you consent to us providing Cartridge World Retail Ltd with the information required by them so as to carry out their obligations under any contract entered into with them by you.
4.5. By registering on this website and/or by placing an order, you also agree that you do not object to Cartridge World Ltd providing your information to independent Cartridge World Franchisees in your relevant territory, that you consent to them contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, email, SMS or in writing and that you consent to Cartridge World Ltd passing on your consent. You also confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
5. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
5.1. We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website. Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any data processed by third-parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5.2. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. CHANGE OF BUSINESS OR OWNERSHIP
6.1. Cartridge World HQ (UK) Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this policy, be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
6.2. In the event that any data submitted by users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted, you will be given the choice to have your data completely deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
7.1. This will include the following:
• Use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
• Sharing data with third parties, in particular Cartridge World Franchisees.
7.2. The direct marketing which Cartridge World HQ (UK) Ltd or the Cartridge World Franchisees might want to send to you includes information about our existing or new products and services, special offers, promotions and competitions (which we will refer to collectively as "Promotions").
8. YOUR RIGHTS
8.1. You may access certain areas of the website without providing any data at all. However, to use all services and systems available on the website you may be required to submit account information or other data.
8.2. You have the right at any point to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent this at any time by contacting us direct.
8.3. If you initially decide that you want us to pass on your information and then decide you no longer want to receive any Promotions or local store marketing from a Cartridge World Franchisee please contact your local Cartridge World store directly in this regard.
9. ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
9.1. You may access your account at any time to view or amend the data. You may need to modify or update your data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
9.2. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10.1. Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all information collected online.
10.2. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
10.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY